Saturday, June 7, 2008

Busy


I've been so busy with day camp since Monday so I haven't really had time to blog. It was tons of fun this year some of my friends and I were A-I-Ts which stand for Aides In Training. We had to learn a lot of stuff like how to do a one match fire (I did it in practice but during the test I couldn't do it), pitching tents (especially since the camp had super old tents), first aide, traffic circle (helping kids get picked up at the end of camp), how to do a flag ceremony, knots and knifes, how to clean a latrine and how to teach songs and games. When we were tested each time we passed a certain thing we got a different color bead like red for first aide and orange for fire. Like I said it was a day camp but the A-I-Ts and the group one year younger called Camp Craft had an overnight on Thursday which was the day we were tested. On Friday we graduated we were lead around camp, blindfolded holding on to a rope so we were sort of going in a line, being lead by our big sisters (most of use got 2 aides some only got 1 that were our big sisters they gave us presents and helped us learn about what aides do) to the flag circle and then we graduated our big sisters made us name tags that we'll use when we're aides, (most of the aides have a fake name that could be something they like, like Fries or whatever they want) a mug, (we got water bottles from out big sisters but all the A-I-Ts got like the same brand of water bottle/mug with their aide name and something that was to do with their aide name or whatever on it) and a decorated graduation cap. Oh and by the way the aides like help the camp leaders with stuff like helping keep the girls under control (it was girl scout camp) or getting more water for the water jug etc. After graduation my friend's mom took a picture of me and her with our graduation caps on and stuff but cropped her out in case she didn't want to have a picture on my blog but that's why there's a shoulder that's not mine in the picture.

No comments: