Thursday, August 28, 2008

Beach Glass Necklace!




I went to go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 at the movie theater 6 days ago. Yeah, I know I haven't posted in forever. Anyway I liked the movie. A couple hours after the movie my brother and I went to a lock-in at TROUPE which was a bucket of fun (no, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being goofy). Yesterday I went to a thrift store I want to say local thrift store but that sounds dorky, but by that I mean it's not Goodwill or any other chain. Anyway I went there looking for buttons (for the 2nd time) there were no buttons (again) =( but I got about 2/3 a big bag of Polly-Fil for 50 cents (I was quite happy I thought it would be more) and 2 little graduating ducks (soooooo cuteee!). My friend Maggie collects rubber ducks and most of the time when I see rubber ducks I get one for her and one for myself 'cause they're sooo awesome/cute! Those were cheaper then I thought too 10 cents each (yay!). I'm planning on going next week and this time I'll bring some old clothes of mine. Now to get on to the title of this post. I made a beach glass necklace last night! I found a piece of beach glass at Galveston and I wanted to make it into a necklace, so I finally did it. I was planning on drilling a hole in it but I was afraid of breaking it so I wrapped wire around it instead (just some old wire I found on my dad's tool bench not fancy jewelry wire (which I want)) and I made a chain for it out of hemp. So ta-da it's meh new necklace!!

1 comment:

cindy said...

Love your new necklace! I think it is the coolest looking thing you have ever made. Although the stupid sock monsters are a very close 2nd.