Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Weekend




I can't quite remember what day it was but this is the beautiful sunset we had a day or two before Ike hit. It is so amazing, my dad actually pulled over into the hospital parking lot (because we were near the hospital) just to take a picture of the sunset. On Saturday I went over to my friend Maggie's house and we spent most of the time making these mermaids. They're soooo pretty she had already made a lot so she had some techniques which made it tons easier for me to make mine. They took forever to bake so I drew their faces, put them on the body and added the hair at home. At church this morning we had a "water ceremony" aka people bring water from where they went over the summer or something like that and put it in a bowl. Anyway we did some AWESOME music about water (duh) and I got to sing a solo on one of the songs, "Down to the River to Pray". As I said my friend Anne had a party and she likes to knit too (but she can't knit socks and stuff like that hence why I made some for her) anyway she found some stuff that her grandmother had knit and some stuff that wasn't finished yet and showed it to me it was so cool!

1 comment:

cindy said...

Wilvia! I'm so glad you blogged about the music at church today. You forgot to mention the awesome rock band. Wazzup?