Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ethel



Ethel is the name of my new cowl that I made using the EDI Cowl pattern. I finished it today during an after church class thingy. The story behind a cowl named Ethel? Well, I'll just start with why I made Ethel. Last night I realized that the sweater I had been working on a couple months ago was simply hopeless (see picture 1). That blob in the picture was supposed to be the back of the sweater. Well it's obviously way too big! I mean I could rap it all the way around me! So, I unraveled my sweater (sadly might I add) then I was looking at some knitting patterns and I came across the EDI Cowl and I thought that the unraveled sweater yarn would be perfect. Now as for the name, I got the casting for my upcoming TROUPE show "Comedy Tonight" and I'm an old lady named Ethel in one scene. Plus I love Ethel Merman (HERO!) so hence the "Ethel Cowl".

1 comment:

Lynch Family said...

When Evie was very small I told an on-going story about a mouse named Ethel who worked for National Geographic as a professional explorer--she wore a cowl not unlike yours . . . must be something in the name! Nice knitting, good luck with the comedy shenanigans!